Today I went with the NaPoWriMo.net prompt, based on Faisal Mohyuddin’s poem “Five Answers to the Same Question.” The challenge is to write a poem that provides five answers to the same question – without ever specifically identifying the question that is being answered. I wrote this very quickly, but I think it’s a useful and interesting prompt that warrants a re-visit when I have time, with other questions to answer, and more creative ways to answer them.
- Because human brains like to problem solve.
- We will tip, tumble, awaken. A collective realization.
- The joy in my niece’s eyes when she dips her feet in the cool waters of a slow-moving river.
- The conversation is more frequent, louder and as vibrant as it’s ever been.
- My Mom squeezed my hand and said There are more good people in the world than bad.